Thursday, March 18, 2010

Time Warp

My baby is nine-months-old. It has officially been the fastest nine-months of my life. Time has sped by and I've barely taken any time to record the moments. Like, the sweet way Katie use to suck on her toes every time I held her feet up for a diaper change. Wow, that baby has stolen all of our hearts. Now, when I change her diaper, she's usually doing this:

Crawling away.

We rarely get to see her doing this: Sitting still.

And, on the day this photo was taken, she pulled that flower off so many times she finally succeeded in ripping it right off the clip.


Do you see the mischievous twinkle in her eye?
Let's just say the days of her napping quietly on my lap during a movie are officially over.

Katie and my mom.

At the beginning of the winter, I bought these monkey p.j.'s for Katie. The next time I saw my mom, she gave me these monkey p.j.'s for Sophie. We bought them matching jammies without knowing it.

I never knew Sophie would be this excited to have a sister.

Or, that all of us would adore this baby girl so much.


3 comments:

chris w said...

She is so beautiful! You can just see that spark of troublemaker in her eyes. :) I think I've seen that look several times with my partner in crime, I mean her mother. It has been a time warp since I've come up to see you guys. Now that it's getting warmer again, let's play!! :)

the mathematician said...

What a cutie!!! She looks just like what I remember Sophie looking like! And don't you just love seeing the other kids adoring their little baby sister?! Having a baby around is such a special time, fast as it may be!

Tiffany said...

She is the most adorable baby. so. stinking. cute. Your mom looks much too young to be a grandma, too.