So, we met with the inspector this afternoon and what I thought would be a 15 minute exchange turned into a 2 hour, mind boggling conversation.
He said that most of his "reports" are about 45-pages long. Ours was 79. And, in case you are wondering -- that is not a good thing.
It turns out that the new coat of paint that made buyers suddenly so interested in a home that has sat vacant for years is probably covering up a few, shall we say "blemishes"? The plumbing is trash. Major water issues. (they just turned the water on today for the inspection)
I had to leave the pow wow early to get to a meeting and Brian and I have not had a chance to discuss yet. I know there were some other issues too.
Now, we just have to make sure we can get our financing or if we have to do the repairs first. Either way, it looks like we will need a plan B for living arrangements before our new place is move in ready.
It is disappointing news, but we still really feel like this is the place. I guess we'd better get ready for a little more of an adventure than we bargained for.
Signing off now so I can go enjoy my last few days with the modern convenience of running water (hahahaha). Thank you to all the well wishers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
still good camping weather.... ? :o) Good luck! We'll be thinking of you.
Post a Comment