I loved that the kids had an entire week off from school for Thanksgiving. It was such a nice break from the regular routine. It was kind of sad to go back yesterday. But, I keep thinking that it's only three weeks and then they will have a break for two weeks--hooray!
We got the Christmas tree up and all of our decorations. This year, I put the lights on and then I let the four kids just go for it. When they were done hanging the decorations, I didn't move or adjust even one. I didn't even feel like I wanted to. I think someday I will miss this time when one branch has like seven green ornaments on it and another branch has five red ornaments all lumped together. It's nice to have my kids decorate the tree.
It's nice to sit in the living room together after the sun goes down and look at the colorful lights on our tree. And, I love driving around town with the kids, seeing all the different lights and decoration.
On Friday, the Egyptian Theater had a free screening of The Polar Express. I took my girls. There was a drawing for a bunch of board games and a bicycle. I had a feeling we were going to win that bicycle. I'm feeling lucky I guess. We didn't win. But, we still had a great time.
It is a fun movie to see on the big screen with all of the roller coaster effects.
After the movie, we walked over to Christmas Tree Jubilee to see all of the elaborate trees that are decorated and auctioned for charity. How would it be to buy one of those amazing trees?
Friday night, Brian and I dined at Rooster's in downtown Ogden. It was nice to have a date night. We celebrated by getting dinner + appetizers + dessert and their homemade rootbeer. It was a lot of food to eat the day after Thanksgiving. But, it was so yummy!
Saturday night, Brian and I took the kids to an electric parade and lighting of Christmas Village. We hadn't been to this event in about 10 years, and I guess it has really grown in popularity. The newspaper article said there were more than 10,000 people in attendance. It seemed like way more than 10,000!
The parade was awesome. We got hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls at Karen's Cafe. Even Sophie said she had a great time when it was over. Fun for our whole family.
We came home in a happy, festive mood and watched Elf together. I forgot how funny that movie is.
Then, I thought, "Well, we've already watched two Christmas movies and visited Christmas Village and it isn't even December 1. I guess we can just sit back and relax until Christmas now."
Because it was so crowded, we only saw a few of the houses at Christmas Village. So, tonight my mom and I took Katie and Isaac back. Sophie and Ian are going with the young women/young men tomorrow night.
Never have I seen anyone so excited for Christmas Village! Katie and Isaac ran from house to house just squealing with happiness and shouting all of the things they saw in each one. They had crazy high energy. At one point, they kept rolling down a grassy hill and running back up over and over. We were there for two whole hours. The weather was nice too, so it was a really fun night.
Brian has been going full throttle on our basement every day from the time he wakes up until he goes to bed. After he finished Ian's room, he demolished every inch of the rest of the basement. He took down every wall and even ripped all of the sheetrock off the outer walls. Today, he framed in a room for Sophie and wired a bunch of lights. I can't wait to see it all come together! What a fun Christmas this is for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment