Wednesday, December 2, 2015

December 2015

X96 Bill Allred and Gina Barbari

December is off to a great start.

I woke up yesterday feeling so optimistic. It was Dec. 1 and I already had most of my Christmas shopping complete! Inspired by the wrapping Katie and I had worked on the night before (for some gifts we are giving away), I decided to get a head start on wrapping Christmas gifts for my family as soon as the kids headed out the door for school.

I don't like to leave my shopping until the last minute and usually get it finished early. But, I have a bad habit of forgetting to wrap things until Christmas eve. That doesn't work out too well for me. Maybe this year I will actually be sipping cocoa and enjoying my family on Christmas eve.

Today started out very well. After I dropped Sophie off at school, I heard on the radio that X96 was broadcasting from a car dealership in Ogden where they were collecting winter clothing for the homeless shelter. I went home and suggested to Brian we should go. We gathered up some winter coats we no longer use and headed down. It was my first time meeting Gina. Bill and I are on a first name basis. Except he might only know me as Brian's wife, but I'll take it. 

After we made our donation, we visited for a minute during a pre-recorded segment and then Bill invited Brian to be on the air to promote the Ogden Marathon. He did an amazing job. I would have been so nervous. 

I was so pumped up after that 10 seconds of second hand fame that I decided to call a friend who I have been trying to meet for lunch for a couple of months. Things never seem to line up for us, but today they did! We had a delicious meal at Gabor Brothers in Layton.

Such a nice day.

It is December and 2015 is coming to a close. I still remember with clarity waking up on January 1st with the distinct feeling that this would be a lucky year for us. 2015 has been so good to us in so many ways. I feel this is only the beginning. I am so grateful for my job and Brian's job and our family and all of the wonderful people who support us and make life awesome. I am looking forward to enjoying December to the fullest with all of the festivities, lights, and reflections on Jesus. 

No comments: