We hosted a "Christmas" party for Brian's side of the family on January 2 -- because that was the day everyone could make it. It was one of the most enjoyable get togethers.
I figured out that there are 48 people in Brian's family (his is the oldest of nine siblings, all married, plus their children). There are two more babies on the way, so the count is nearly up to fifty! That is a lot of people.
I was grateful that everyone was able to make it (except for a few nieces and nephews). All of the siblings and spouses, including Brian's sister who lives in Colorado and Brian's brother who lives in Roosevelt were there.
We had a wonderful ham dinner with tons of side dishes, finger foods and desserts. My favorite part of the evening was when we sang some Christmas carols with piano and trumpet accompaniment. Brian's mom, Rolayne, pointed out to me what a tremendously musical family we have. At least three of the nieces and nephews play the piano well enough for a sing along. And, many of Brian's siblings are proficient on instruments as well.
My side of the family is not as musical. When I was growing up, I always thought a nice family sing along sounded like a cozy, enjoyable way to spend an evening. I was right. I am so happy to have extended family and a son who play piano.
The next day (Sunday) was our first day of 12:30 p.m. church after a year of going at 9 a.m. My two youngest children currently dislike going to church--a lot. I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the change from morning to afternoon church. But, Sunday made me realize that it gives them a lot more hours to complain about how much they don't want to go to church. I think we will have to do something about this.
This morning, it was back to school and back to work for all of us! I am happy we had such an amazing break. I am 20% excited to be back on a schedule and 80% sad the break is over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment