
Could a setting be more gorgeous than this aquamarine lake high in the mountains? We just got back from our Bear Lake trip. I have many thoughts and pics to post. But, for now, just a quick story before I cook dinner.
The moms and kids headed up at the beginning of the week and had a smashing time.
The dads joined us on Thursday. All of the kids (and, moms too) were so happy to see our guys!
On Friday morning, the song Upside Down by Jack Johnson was playing in the cabin and I looked through the window and saw: The gorgeous lake, Randy swinging Rosie around in the yard, my own handsome hubby laughing while chasing Soph and E-Man, and my little AiAi gazing out at the water. As lyrics echoed, "I don't want this feeling to go away . . ." I had one of those moments where I felt like my life could not possibly be more blessed. I felt an overwhelming sense of gratitude for my husband, our kids, and the friends surrounding us.
I had a glimpse at how lucky we ladies are to have such wonderful husbands that our kids acted like it was Christmas when they arrived. It was such a special week of being together. I found some of the lyrics to the song today:
Who's to say
What's impossible
Well they forgot
This world keeps spinning
And with each new day
I can feel a change in everything
And as the surface breaks reflections fade
But in some ways they remain the same
And as my mind begins to spread its wings
There's no stoppin' curiosity
I wanna turn the whole thing upside down
I'll find the things they say just can't be found
I'll share this love I find with everyone
We'll sing and dance to Mother Nature's song
I don't want this feeling to go away
Who's to say
I can't do everything
Well I can try
And as I roll along I begin to find
Things aren't always just what they seem
Upside down
Who's to say whats impossible and can't be found
I don't want this feeling to go away
2 comments:
Lovely, lovely. I think vacations are so important for this very reason! They are the happy memories to carry us through the (seemingly) ordinary days.
Glad you had such a grand time!!
Wow. Thank you so much for sharing such a life affirming amazing experience. It's such a beautiful moment.
Post a Comment