Tuesday, November 18, 2008

November: A Month of Gratitude

I feel overwhelmed at the prospect of listing my blessings here. But, since it is Thanksgiving, and I want to be a trendy blogger, I thought I would jot a few down that are running through my mind.

  • I'm strangely grateful for my calling as a Gospel Doctrine teacher (never thought I would say that). Even though it stresses me out and takes a lot of time, I feel I've learned so much, strengthened my testimony, and grown closer to the Savior.
  • Even though I now look at my 20s as a time when I was not so mature and genius as I may have thought I was, I'm very grateful that I was somehow smart enough to marry Photoguy and stay with him for 10-years (in January) now!
  • My three amazing children, the joy they bring me, the degree to which I am able to enjoy them, the tremendous blessing of being at home with them, and the excitement of another on the way.
  • That Izzy and AiAi are such adorable great friends (makes my life much easier than if they were enemies).
  • Photoguy's many talents, his hard work ethic, and the fact that he's been around more than usual as of late.
  • My two workout buddies (you know who you are) who have inspired me in so many ways over the years by their examples. And, I'm not just talking about the way they've inspired me to pull my lazy self out of bed in the morning to burn some calories.
  • Our amazing friends in this neighborhood (and out) who have enriched our lives (and our children's lives) in so many ways.
  • Extended family. I feel so blessed to be free of the drama and contention that plagues so many families and to have sweet loving parents and in-laws.
  • America.
  • Opportunities I've had to travel and the people all over the world who have touched my life.
  • Our home. Especially for the way that Photoguy has been able to transform it from an aged mess (see previous item about his many talents).
  • Good food, and the lessons I've been learning about how to choose and prepare it over the past year.
  • The fact that last week, when Photoguy's IPOD was stolen from his Jeep, the thousands of dollars of camera equipment in the back went untouched.
  • My job writing for the newspaper because it adds a little something interesting, allows me to work from home, and provides a nice little paycheck at the end of the month.
  • My job babysitting because it adds a little something interesting, allows me to work from home, and provides a nice little paycheck at the end of each week (plus, I really love these kids).
What are you grateful for right now?

2 comments:

Malea said...

I am grateful that, after reading number 24, on your 83 things list, that I have found one of my loves from my Moscow life. Annie found me on Facebook, and now I have some tangible evidence of some of my great friends from that great experience! Remember trying to Fax for 6 hours and singing songs from Paul Simon? Talk to you soon, Malea (Hale) Scott maleascott@msn.com

Janene said...

I am grateful for our neighbor's ornery cat, because he keeps lots of mice and rats away, I'm sure.

I'm also grateful EVERYDAY for my Peter's employment, especially in such unstable times.

My home, meaningful experiences that have taught me, good health, food and this amazing earth...

Lots of other things... but I'm not feeling the trendy bug this year. :o)