Thursday, June 10, 2010

Nine Reasons Stake Lagoon Day Rocked

1.  Our friends got to join us for the first half of the day and Isaac and Izzy held hands and ran from ride to ride in Kiddie Land.

2.  Brian was able to take the day off from work and join us.

3.  The weather was perfect.  Overcast and just the right temperature.  Here is a funny story: We took the kids for a family ride on the train and, for the first time, Ian and Sophie said, "Awww, not the train it's too boring!"  But, we made them ride it anyways.  Right when we boarded the train a torrential downpour burst from the sky.  It was coming down so hard and fast and loud that at first I thought it was a hail storm.  No hail.  Just zillions of huge raindrops.  We sat luxuriously protected on the covered train watching everyone else run for cover and get drenched from head to toe.  After our ride, it was barely sprinkling.  One of the best strokes of luck ever.  How do you like the train now kids?

4.  Another funny story that is water related:  Near the end of the day, after magically missing the flash flood, we walked past the interactive fountain and Isaac was mesmerized so we stopped to watch while two girls stood in the center and showered in the streams of water.  When the water stopped for a pause, Isaac ran to the other side with a face that screamed "Victory!"  Then, he ran back to me, giggling all the way.  Then, he waited until the water was coming in little spurts one stream at a time and he ran across, tempting fate and getting a tiny bit wet here and there.  When he got to the other side, I saw a worker saying something to him.  When he turned to come back to me, the water was streaming in full force.  He didn't see me  walking around the perimeter to fetch him.  I saw him slowly walk with resolve through the fountain, a look on his face that was anything but pleased, as he was sprayed liberally from all directions.  I was calling to him, but, he couldn't hear me.  I was also laughing my head off.  When he emerged, sopping wet, I said, "Why did you walk through the fountain?  Did you want to get wet?"  And, he said, "The worker said I had to walk and not run through the fountain."  He took it to mean he HAD to walk through the fountain.  Such a funny moment that I will never forget.  Luckily for him, I had an extra set of clothes in my backpack (because I'm a mom and you just never know).

5.  At the end of the day, I was able to ride the Jumping Dragon and the Tilt a Whirl with the kids without puking. 

6.  Katie was a dream.  An absolute dream baby in her stroller all day.  

7.  Seeing Isaac's face on the rides.

8.  Around 9 o'clock we noticed the sky looking suspicious again so we decided to head for the car.  The first drops fell right after we loaded everyone and everything.  Our timing with the rain was impeccable.

9.  On the way home, the sunset looked like it was painted using glow in the dark paint.


2 comments:

Nanette said...

Sounds perfect. I've only been to Lagoon once but it was not so blissful. I shall have to try again and take you with me for luck.

Malea said...

You guys get stake temple day???!!! We only get a crummy stake temple night. NOT FAIR!!;)

I'm so glad you got a great day with your whole family!!!