One of the hotels housed a hot spring (Pluto) dubbed the world's largest laxative (hehehe). We all took pictures of the sign that said, "When nature won't, Pluto will."
Dinner was Chicago style pizza which my Pappa swears was the best he's eaten in his whole life. Which is saying a lot since he's had such a long life.
Two more of my cousins joined us - Marc from St. Louis and Neal from Tennessee. Marc travels the country training sales associates and lives in a house with a pool. Hmmm . . . thinking the kids and I need to visit said pool. Neal has been bringing down the Nashville scene as a musician. Neal brought along his charming girlfriend of six years, Kelly the massage therapist (yes, she gave me a free shoulder rub that was heavenly).
I don't get to see them very often and of course we conjured up memories of summer days spent in Mamma's attic playing truth or dare with our large circle of cousins. There were also the times we rode Marc and Neal's mini motorcycles around and around their giant backyard.
And, we thought about movies at the little theater in smalltown Pinckneyville, Illinois that gave free refills on all sizes of popcorn and drinks. I thought I was so clever buying the small and taking advantage of unlimited refills until leaving the movies so many times got old and I upgraded to the medium.
When we were teens, we would watch crazy videos every night, like "Night of the Living Dead." Good times.
This time, we made new memories with wii dance and rock band competitions. Way more classy.
(especially when all of my aunts and I danced in our pajamas)
This time, we made new memories with wii dance and rock band competitions. Way more classy.
(especially when all of my aunts and I danced in our pajamas)
No comments:
Post a Comment