We drove to an Amish town and spent the afternoon rummaging through antiques at a flea market and oohing and aahing over their fine handmade furniture and intricate hand stitched quilts. I found a lovely apron and when it was rung up my Pappa insisted on paying for it and told me to think of him whenever I wore it.
After another delicious lunch of Southern comfort foods and another amazing dessert feast, we made our way to Indianapolis to Drop my Aunt Linda off at the airport.
We killed another couple of hours at a huge mall downtown, mostly shopping for fun jewelry at Forever 21.
And, then it was our turn to go to the airport, to say our goodbyes and begin the long flight back to our homes. Home, where Brian had had his own fun over the weekend running the Wasatch Back Relay while his parents kept the kids. Home where he had taken our kids out for a fun night at Boondocks and other exciting adventures to pass the time while I was away. And, to my home sweet home where Brian and the kids had tidied up the basement, washed all of the dishes and mopped all of the floors before they retired to their beds awaiting my arrival.
I'm so grateful I got to go to this family reunion. It meant a lot to me every time my Pappa looked at little Katie and proclaimed, "What a doll!" And, it was fun to see him approach strangers everywhere we went to tell them that he was there with all four of his children and his granddaughter and great-granddaughter and then he would line my mom and Katie and me up along side him and show everyone what four generations looks like.
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing the wonders of this trip! I loved the pictures in my mind of family fun!c
Post a Comment