Friday, June 24, 2011

Disney Magic (Day 3)

I forgot to mention that we saw Captian EO (the 3D Michael Jackson movie straight from the 80s). My kids were wild about it! It was so funny to me that they loved it so much. I appreciated it more now than I did as a kid. Didn't everyone make fun of that attraction back in the 80s? Now it was all retro and pretty cool.

On the 3rd day, I talked Ian and Isaac into riding Space Mountain (their first really big roller coaster - yay!). They both liked it, but, didn't want to ride it a second time. We spent the day riding more of our favorite rides -- we spent a lot of time in Fantasyland on this trip. We rode every ride in that area of the park (my mom's favorite part), and some of them twice. It was fun that the kids were still young enough to enjoy all of the little kids rides. We also headed over to the Tiki Room and the Winnie the Pooh ride. When we came off the Winnie the Pooh ride, who should we see? But, the big man himself.
This was, surprisingly, one of the best moments of the whole trip for me. Look how sweet that embrace is. Katie and Isaac were both in heaven. Isaac grabbed a plastic figurine of Winnie the Pooh from the stroller to show him and he got so excited when Winnie the Pooh started clapping.

(It may have been the only time Isaac forgot to point out it was just a costume)

We also waited in line for over an hour and a half to meet this princess. Isn't she pretty? It made me wonder how you feel to know people have been standing in line for hours just to take your picture and get your autograph.
(This meeting came with a bonus of meeting the prince too)

This was another lovely day, with delicious meals and treats like this one:
The kids had a refreshing afternoon swim. While I was at the hotel with them, my mom took the opportunity to shop (she loves shopping). The objective was to find Mickey Mouse kitchen gadgets and apparently, there is a shop on Main Street that was perfect. My dad recently bought a travel trailer and my mom decorated the whole thing in a Mickey Mouse theme (she loves to decorate). It turned out SO cute!

After our swim, we went back to Disneyland and caught the Main Street Parade. I decided that I really love that parade. We also stayed late for a second viewing of World of Color. I loved watching Sophie and Ian carry around their folded up maps, taking them out of their pockets periodically to navigate our way through the parks. They were pretty good at it too.

This was the day that I started wishing the vacation would never end and that we had a week at Disneyland instead of four days.

(greedy, I know)

No comments: