Friday, June 24, 2011

Disney Magic (Day 4)

And, now we come to the final day. When we originally planned the trip, we were going to go for three days. Then, we found out that the new Star Tours and the Little Mermaid ride were scheduled to open the next day. So, naturally, we had to extend the trip to four days.

I was a little nervous about four back-to-back days of theme parks in a row with no breaks in between. But, by the time we made it to Friday, I was wishing we could make it five. I don't know how to record what a dreamy vacation it was (Thanks mom!).

(sidenote: Katie and Isaac probably could not have survived a fifth day, so, it was in fact perfect).

The line for Star Tours started out being eight hours long. They made people line up for four hours before they even opened the ride (media only for the first four hours). I don't even understand how a person stands in a line for eight hours? Nor, do I understand why.

So, we headed over to California Adventure and waited in line for two hours for the Little Mermaid's new ride. It was a beautiful attraction.
We tried to hit all of the kids' favorite rides a second time and then headed to Toon Town to meet Mickey Mouse.
(he always looks so happy to see us)

My mom let each of the kids pick out a toy. I thought we'd have to choose something for Katie, but, she immediately latched onto a baby Ariel doll and she's been loving it ever since. Sophie got a Fawn doll and a Phineas and Ferb book, Ian got two cowboy guns and Isaac got a shield and two foam swords. We were spoiled through and through I'm telling you.

No one went back to the hotel room on this day. It was sad to think it was our last day at the park, yet every expectation (and more) had been fulfilled. The kids wanted to take me to see Fantasmic (since I'd been at the hotel room the time before and I'd missed it). I was so touched that they wanted to share it with me. Right before we headed over to get our seats, we checked on the wait time at Star Tours and it was down to two hours. Ian's one disappointment was that he had not gotten to ride this ride (the thing he was most looking forward to). My mom decided to brave the line with him while I took the other three kids to the show.

Evening treats:

($40 for cookies and milk . . . but they are really cute cookies)
Fantasmic was even more amazing than I remembered. I love how they go all out with the special effects. We watched the fireworks show after (I love fireworks). We had to squeeze in one more ride on It's a Small World. When I got into line with a sleeping Katie in the ergo on my back and a sleeping Isaac in my arms, I wondered if the people around me were thinking, "Lady, it's time for you to go home already!" But, it was worth it.

Isaac woke up and took one more spin on the teacups with Sophie. Then, it was time to bid the parks farewell and head off to our hotel room blissfully exhausted.


When my mom and Ian got back to the room they told us they had waited in line for 2 1/2 hours, but, it was worth it. When they got on the ride, Princess Leah appeared on the screen and told everyone on the ride that a rebel spy had been planted on the ship and they had to make sure he was transported safely. "He is our only hope," she quipped before flashing a photo on the screen of . . . (drumroll please) . . .

Ian!!!

Disney Magic to the end.

No comments: