Ian exclaimed upon arriving home from hours of trick-or-treating, "This is the most candy we've ever gotten!" Which is what the kids think every year. So, yay for success in their minds.
Sophie was Harry Potter's wizard friend Hermione. I read the first three books with the kids over the summer and Sophie has finished 4, 5 and 6 on her own.
Ian was General Grievous from Star Wars Episode III. Last year he was Luke Skywalker.
Isaac was the Transformer Bumblebee.
Katie chose a horse costume from the costume box (with straps so it looks like she is riding a horse). It was perfect with Isaac's old Sheriff Woody shirt and vest. She wore that a few times and then discovered Ian's old monkey costume. She was a monkey from then on. A cute monkey too.
Brian was Lucha Libre (he looked awesome), and I borrowed a pirate costume from my sister for one party. I was suppose to come up with a cool costume to go with Lucha Libre for a couples costume party, but I guess I was too busy putting the kids' costumes together and planning their school parties and one hour before the party I realized I dropped the ball on getting my own costume together and ended up going in my pink bunny pajamas. We were almost the only couple that didn't match. I had a bunch of great ideas after the fact. I could have been his agent! Oh, well.
On Halloween, I saw one of my friends in a super sassy pirate costume which was actually this -- nice khaki pants, a darling silky blouse, a way fun leather vest and boots like I have been wanting forever. I decided that next year I need to buy my own pirate costume.
And, it will definitely need those boots.
Brian will need one of those Jack Sparrow hats from Disneyland with the fake dreadlocks too.
The kids ate a ton of candy at school and from their trick-or-treating bags on Halloween. The next day, we began to examine their loot. Sophie decided to trade about 75% of her candy for Taylor Swift's new "Red" album. Isaac decided to do the same for a new Star Wars lego set -- but, only after clarifying that the legos had to come from the Sweet Tooth Fairy (which, I guess is something he has heard about from friends at school - where a magical fairy comes and takes your candy away in exchange for a cool toy).
Ian decided that he wanted to keep all of his candy. Katie hasn't seemed to notice that her candy stash significantly decreased while she was sleeping. She is addicted to C-A-N-D-Y!!! That is all she wants now. She is so cute how she pulls out each new treat and says, "What is this one?" before she gobbles it down.
We also carved Jack-o-Lanterns as a family and roasted the seeds. It turns out that Isaac shares my love for this treat and Sophie enjoys pulling out the pumpkin guts while Ian hates putting his hands in the sticky dark pumpkins (just like me!). Sophie got ambitious and tried to carve Tinkerbell's face into her pumpkin. I was proud of her for trying.
Halloween = Good times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
pictures?!! I want to see Lucha Libre! :o)
Post a Comment