
This is Katie in her blessing gown two weeks ago (she was two weeks old).
We had a few friends and all of our family over for a BBQ afterwards. It rained. So, the meal was moved indoors at the last minute. It was pretty amazing to see 50 people squeeze into our tiny house!
The kids were resourceful and took their plates of food and sat under our extra tall table. Pretty funny sight to see them all camped under there.
Brian was a trooper to cook all of the meat on the grill in the pouring rain.
My friend brought a bundt cake from "Nothing Bundt Cakes." So yummy. Here is their ode to a bundt cake:
You're so round
Your taste profound
Yet sadly, sadly
You never stick around.
That about sums up that lovely and quickly devoured cake.
Brian is just finishing up the Ragnar Relay as I type. This is his 5th year in a row participating in this crazy race that starts near Logan and ends in Park City and takes (on average) more than 24-hours to complete. There are 12 runners, and each runner runs three legs of the race.
The kids had a "late-over" which turned into a sleepover with their friends last night. We had a lot of fun playing games at the park with cousins followed by a movie, popcorn, cookies and staying up l-a-t-e. It's been a good weekend. We cleaned up the house to surprise Brian when he gets home.
Just when I thought life couldn't get any better, the angel pictured in this post flashed me a crooked grin. Her first
S
M
I
L
E
.
9 comments:
You make motherhood sound so worth it. Where is that crazy hipster I knew from Russia? Eh, I suppose I like you much better:)
I love first smiles!! You are such a good Mom!
Kaite looks like an angel in her beautiful blessing dress. You are such an amazing Mom! Thanks for reminding all of us to look for the joy in the small and simple things.
WOW Katie is gorgeous! I really do want to be you someday, Amy. You have a beautiful life but, more importantly, you see it as such. If you are ever down in Salt Lake, we have to meet up! I can't wait to meet her!
There is that beautiful porcelain doll face I was talking about!!!!!! What a gorgeous picture!
Thanks for sharing!
what a picture. I love it!
She looks just like Sophie as a baby! So beautiful. Can't wait to see her in person...soon!
Oh, Amy, she is just beautiful.
Amy-Katie is just percious! Thanks for your comments on my blog. It was fun seeing and talking to you at Tammy's shower and wedding. Hope all is well with you and your four little ones.
Post a Comment