Friday, June 10, 2011

We Are Ruined


My sweet mom took the kids and me to Disneyland. Brian stayed behind to work, and in his spare time (he had so much with all of us gone) completed some remodel projects on our home.

We are ruined because everything was perfect -- our hotel was right across the street, the weather was sunny and 72-degrees every day. and every wish the kids made came true. I'm so grateful we could make these memories while the kids are still young. Already, I feel like Sophie is turning into a teenager (even though she is 10). I imagine that by the next time we grace this place, we will have teenagers. It was nice to make one last trip while the magic is still alive.

We got to go on the new Little Mermaid ride and Ian and my mom rode Star Tours on opening day. We had to wait in line for quite a while at Pixie Hollow, but, once we got inside, Sophie got to meet her number one favorite fairy -- Fawn. Isaac and Katie had the sweetest encounter with Winnie the Pooh. And, we even crossed paths with my brother and his wife and kids at the hotel we stayed at in Las Vegas. They were headed back to Tucson from Ogden and we were headed toward Ogden from Anaheim. I have so many stories and I hope I can get them all written down before I forget.

I wish every summer vacation began with a trip to the Happiest Place on Earth.

3 comments:

Nanette said...

That is fantastic! My favorite childhood memories are in Disneyland. Great way to start the summer!

Malea said...

(said in my best Napolean Dynamite voice)..."LUUUUUCKKYYYYY"

Janene said...

So awesome! I just love that place