Tonight we moved the last of Sophie's things downstairs, officially clearing the way for Katie's new Frozen room. Hooray!
This picture window is my favorite feature of the room (this and the flower chandelier).
My little princess all ready to sleep in her big bed. She is so excited to not be sleeping in her toddler bed anymore. She is 5 1/2 -- it's about time! See that tiny space to the left of the dresser? Before this weekend, that was the space for her bed and all of her possessions. That little corner plus three dresser drawers -- poor thing.
Frozen wall clings.
Here is Katie's new clothes hamper. Now that she has her own bedroom, she is so excited to be in charge of her own laundry. When Katie was born, I quickly realized I was not up to the task of washing clothes for SIX people. I put Sophie and Ian in charge of their own laundry. They were about 8 1/2 and 7. When Isaac turned 8, he started washing his own laundry as well (sort of, somehow I end up helping him more than the other two). Katie is only 5, so I wasn't planning to make her wash her own clothes. But, she loves to fold and she is so excited to be grown up. Bonus for me. The Frozen light switch cover is on its way. This darling Tinker Bell cover is up for grabs (as well as curtains and fairy wall clings).
Now she gets the whole dresser to herself, including a hidden drawer for her treasures.
For Christmas, Katie got this Katelyn doll. With her ice skates and turquoise skirt, she matches the new theme perfectly.
She also got these Frozen figurines from my mom (the bad guy has to stand off by himself).
The Frozen colors seem to be purple, turquoise and pink. I think the old bedspread is working nicely with the decor. It matches the purple on the sheets and helps incorporate the green stripe on the wall.
I found purple Frozen curtains (if you look really close, they even have some green that matches the stripe exactly). Katie likes to make her bed like this. She got the throw from my mom for Christmas and we immediately started to call it her Elsa blanket because she looks like the Snow Queen when she wraps up in it and walks around the house. We didn't even know we would be doing a Frozen bedroom when she got it, but now it works great. I am so happy for my kids to have their own space! It makes such a difference for the two younger kids especially. They are finally able to put all of their things away instead of having them strewn haphazardly all over the place because the older siblings were taking all the prime real estate.


1 comment:
Oh, so fun for her. I'm sure it's exactly what she wanted. Great job on the basement remodel. What a big project! I bet everyone is loving it so much. Does the upstairs now seem quiet and lonely? I can't wait to get the grand tour.
Post a Comment