Saturday, January 17, 2015

Moving Day For The Girls

Today is the big day when we begin moving Sophie downstairs and transforming the upstairs room into a place just for Katie.

Sophie must have her daddy wrapped around her pinky finger.  Not only did he install hardwood floors, he paid extra to get the lighter shade she preferred.
I like how the walls turned out.  Better than stripes of bold neon colors, yes?

Here is a photo of Sophie helping Brian seal the bed.  She wanted him to build her a loft bed so she can sit on her Big Joe beanbag chair underneath to read books and write books (watch for my daughter, future author).

Three years ago, when we first moved into this house, Sophie insisted that we paint her room purple with a green stripe and make it Disney fairy themed.  Brian painted it exactly as she wanted.  We bought Tinker Bell curtains, a Tinker Bell light switch cover and wall clings of all the fairies.

Now, the three older kids are getting to choose their own custom bedrooms and Katie is left in the room Sophie designed.  But -- good news!  Katie wants a Frozen themed bedroom, and it turns out purple is the perfect color.  Today, I swapped out the Tinker Bell curtains for purple and turquoise Elsa curtains.  We took down the wall clings and replaced them with Frozen character wall clings.  I surprised Katie with new Frozen sheets.  I am torn about whether or not to buy a Frozen bedspread.  It is cute, and would match perfectly.  But, the person in me who likes to use things until they are used up wants to keep the purple bedspread we bought for Sophie that is neither Tinker Bell or Frozen themed.  I will decide for sure once everything is put together.

I did order a Frozen light switch cover from Etsy today.

1 comment:

Jewels said...

It's looks so beautiful. Sophie will love it.