Saturday, February 7, 2015

Great American Woodworks Custom Vanity

Before I begin this post, let me say that the photos in the last post are the beginnings of a bathroom we are planning in our basement.  Meanwhile, we've been doing some renovations to our upstairs bathroom.

As I mentioned before, this vanity that came with the house has been trouble.  The drawers appear sound . . . but, don't try to open three of them or they will fall off the tracks.  The cabinet doors, well, we couldn't manage to get them to stay on.  Classy.

Two weeks ago, Brian ripped that vanity right out.  It seemed really large after he hauled it out to the front porch.  Moments after this photo was taken, he hurled the whole thing onto the lawn, busting it into pieces, before we disposed of it.  That's fun, right?

I've got a blank space baby . . .

Our good friend Simon who owns Great American Woodworks built this beautiful custom vanity for us!  Brian still needs to install handles on the top drawers and the outer cabinets.  These things take time to get them just right.  The countertop was delivered yesterday.  And, Brian spent today hooking up the new sink.  We kept the old faucet.  We are thinking about looking at new ones.  I have a hard time throwing away things that still work.  But, maybe it needs something a little more grand?  Anyways, I LOVE the new vanity.  Now, I have eight drawers and four cabinets that all work -- sweet!

Today, I went shopping with this beautiful lady and she took this selfie with my phone.  I love her braces.  She is modeling the new lipstick she picked out, because, we finally convinced dad that age fourteen (almost, her birthday is in a few weeks) is the perfect age to begin wearing make-up.  I love make-up.  Yay for make-up!  We also went shopping for a new Sunday dress.  Everything she tried on looked so cute on her that she ended up with three or four new outfits plus a dress that I wish I could photograph her in on a beach somewhere.

Here is a photo I snapped last week of three gorgeous girls gearing up for a Friday night chick-flick.  We watched Annie (the old one) while the older kids had their final night on the slopes with dad.  It seemed longer then I remembered.  But, Katie and I were singing all of the songs together the next day.  I remember watching that movie with my mom when I was little.  Now, it is a rite of passage. 

No comments: