It was important to Brian to widen the driveway. I had less expensive ideas about how to do it, but Brian really wanted it to be done right. Once the giant hole was created, there wasn't much we could do but press forward until it was filled.
Cement trucks arrived this morning at 6 a.m.
Cold storage room inside the house was poured today.
This is the part of the basement that we previously had poured about a month ago. Today, we poured a vertical wall that will separate it from the dirt crawlspace.
Here is a view taken from the window looking toward the opening to the cold storage.
The driveway. Oh, the driveway.
I hope someday soon we will buy something more exciting than cement. We have now had FIVE giant trucks full of cement delivered to our house (two last year when we poured a large patio out back and three for this project). Can we please be done with cement?
Jordan and Isaac had the time of their lives watching it all happen.
Brian keeps saying how happy he is to have the driveway in -- his dream since we bought the house apparently. Maybe the driveway is to me what the new bed was to him a few years ago. I wanted a really expensive bed that was super comfortable and he was like, "Meh. I can sleep anywhere." I got the bed, he gets the driveway.
No comments:
Post a Comment