This is the lament I keep hearing from my kids.
"Home school is too easy."
They don't usually complain to me that their lives are too easy, if you know what I mean.
This is what Katie told me today, followed by, "School is suppose to be hard. It was hard at Polk. It is suppose to be boring. That is how I learn things."
We read together every day. She works on coloring, writing and numbers every day.
She is five. She knows how to read and write. She puts spaces between her words, uses capital letters to begin sentences and understands basic punctuation. She can count to over 100 and solve simple addition and subtraction problems.
What more does she need to know how to do right now?
I'm sorry. I can't figure out what hard things I am suppose to be making her do.
Today, after a morning of worksheets and origami -- I love the way Katie and Isaac sit so calmly at the table for hours every morning absorbed in their work -- we headed to one of our favorite parks. We call it the spider web park because it has huge rope webs for the kids to climb on. Such a beautiful day in the 70s!
I loved our warm winter and spring has been a dream. However, I am becoming alarmed by the complete lack of rain and how fast things are heating up. Watch out for a hot, dry summer of water rationing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment