Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I Think I've Always Wanted a Red Couch


Last night I curled up on our red couch and watched a magnificent, stormy sunset.  It had deep purples under black clouds.  Katie and I had watched the ball of orange sinking lower and lower in the sky a half hour earlier.

Ian played the most exquisite songs on the piano.  Listening to him play is so beautiful to my ears because he is my child (and, because he is talented).

As a child I dreamed of playing the piano like that but I didn't take lessons.  When I had my own children, I hoped they would play heart-stirring music someday.  Because of Ian's hard work, the vision is realized.

Katie pranced into the room on her dancing legs every few minutes to show me a new design she had created out of easy cheese on a cracker.

I said to myself, "If I had had a glimpse of this twenty years ago, I would have said this was a dream life."

Many moments in life feel like, "How did I get here?"  So, I soaked the feeling in for as long as I could and paused to thank God for my life, my blessings, and for the moment.

No comments: