Saturday, April 5, 2008

No Time

When I began this blog a couple of months ago, I was hoping to post a little something every day, or maybe every other day, or, more realistically, three or so times per week. Well, it's really frustrating, because I have all these posts running around in my mind, and it seems I rarely have the time to sit down and write out my thoughts. Such is the life of a disorganized mother.

And, it's not that I don't spend time at the computer. It's just that my computer time is eaten by writing weekly stories for the newspaper. They get number one priority status since they actually generate income. Then, I have to keep up on my monthly submissions to TodaysMama, where my vignettes about life in China are posted. And, I simply must read and write e-mails. There actually aren't that many, but it does take a considerable amount of time delete all thirty of my daily spam messages and check out gymboree's clearance sales.

Once I get all of those "must dos" out of the way, I have to log on to all the blogs I now read that other people write. These provide my daily entertainment and chuckles.

Then, on certain days, there are things I must research, or buy, or consider buying on the internet -- a dangerous place to go because of the way time slips away so rapidly while I am there.

If ever I'm really feeling idle, I might even click over to the free rice site (thank you Excelente). It's all for a good cause, right? Actually, Photoguy has donated way more rice than I have, and he does it with our kids, which makes them smarter. He also cheats with his handy mac dictionary! But, he only cheats sometimes. And, I now feel the need to disclose that he is the Scrabble and Crossword puzzle supreme master in this house.

All of that rambling has brought me to my point, which is, that I wish I could update my blog more regularly (instead of waiting a week and then posting two or three huge stories at a time). How do people find the time to do that?

5 comments:

Janene said...

I really don't know how to find more time. I've tried blogging while on the treadmill, and that was a disaster. (hah, just kidding)

But I totally understand what you're saying. I'm composing something in my head while doing dishes or laundry, and it sometimes never makes it to the computer.

Something I do is try to only catch up on others' blogs once or twice a week.

Anonymous said...

First of all, don't call yourself disorganized, because you are doing a fabulous job!

And then, as far as having time - I just flat out know that I don't have time to blog right now. But, I sure am enjoying everyone else's - including yours! And if you posted everyday, I may not have time to read them all. :)

Oh - and I love the way you leave comments on Photoguy's blog - what a super sweet system for supporting your spouse! (Sorry - I got carried away with the "s" thing going there.)

Courtney said...

I am hoping that I will find a consistent blogging time too- one more thing. You amaze me. I don't have your schedule and I still am blogging at 10:44 pm after everything else. Thanks for the link to freerice. I went there and had a moment of fun- actually brain activity- something I don't get often. My homepage is thehungersite.com. Another fun one. I click before I go anywhere else.

Nick@Nite said...

Cheat? I like to call it "learning." When else do I actually look up words in the dictionary. Sometimes, I will even look the word up in the Thesaurus to find other meanings, like, for example, "hoodwink," or "bamboozle," which is another word for "cheat." Unfortunately, the Thesaurus didn't have "learn" beneath bamboozle. Oh well.

By the way, nice photo on squidbus.blogspot.com. You look good on a billboard.

Christina said...

Amy! I am just glad you write what you do because I love reading it. I want to see your stuff that you do weekly!