Photoguy finished the Deseret Morning News Marathon in Salt Lake City -- his 11th Marathon -- this morning. Who runs marathons in July? I guess all those crazy people who ran one today do.
At least it started at 5:30 a.m. to (mostly) beat the heat. Photoguy has been working non-stop this week, busy with many photo assignments (including freelance gigs with UTA and the NY Times) and working on two remodel projects for friends. We hadn't even seen him since Tuesday (literally hadn't seen him, he's been staying in Salt Lake), then, he came home around lunchtime walking funny, took a bath with three bags of ice (I think I'd rather run a marathon in July than do that), and commenced putting together an awesome slide show for the Deseret News website. Yes, he carried a camera and voice recorder the whole 26.2 miles -- again.
Right after he ran Boston, I said, "Do you think you could take some time off from running marathons?" It is quite the time commitment to train for and run these things all the time. The answer was a resounding "no." Which, I can respect. I'd rather that he run marathons than stop running altogether. I'm just working on keeping him out of the ultra-marathon arena (50 and 100 mile races). Then, he would have to run all day on Saturdays instead of just half the day to train.
So, instead of slowing down on marathons, he signed up for the Grand Slam, meaning he will complete four Utah marathons by October. And, I don't want anyone to misunderstand the fact that I am proud of him. I'm very proud and I think he's amazing and inspirational and all that with a bag of chips on the side. I know he works very hard to achieve this. And, it's so great to be married to a celebrity like a Boston Marathoner.
Give it up for Photoguy the awesome eleven-time marathoner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amazing and Inspirational? Try, foolish and downright stupid. After today, I feel like the mouse in the cage who tries to get the food, and is given an electrical shock. But yet he goes for the food again, and again, and again, and again, and again.......
Post a Comment