I just realized that when school starts in a few weeks, I will need to wake Soph and E-Man up at 7 a.m. Last year, with only one kid in school, I waited until 7:30. This year, with 3 kids in 3 different schools (AiAi will go to pre-school a couple days per week too -- hallelujah sweet freedom for 6 hours per week!), I'm going to have to be even more on the ball with getting up to work out in the morning.
After a slacker summer of sleeping in, I decided this was the week to convert over to the 5:30 a.m. classes at the gym (as opposed to last school year's schedule of arriving at the gym at 6 a.m.). Monday was weight lifting (bodypump). I love that class! My arms are still sore.
Today, was spinning. When my alarm went off at 5 a.m., my mind and body had a conversation like this:
Body: What you really need right now is a couple more hours of sleep, don't be ridiculous.
Mind: Yes, I totally agree (slipping back into slumber). Wait a minute, last night when you set your alarm clock, you thought a 5:30 a.m. spin class was a good idea, I don't trust you right now.
Then, about 10 minutes into the workout it went something like this:
Body: Are you kidding me? 10 minutes!? Quick, jump off this bike and make a break for the door before you die.
Mind: The only thing stopping me is that would be way too embarrassing.
Toward the end of the workout, the endorphins and loud music started to have a hypnotic effect and it went something like this:
Mind and Body: I am woman hear me roar! Oh yeah. Oh yeah. I babysat/am babysitting every day this week. I put all the kids to bed by myself at the end of the day every day while Photoguy worked the late shift. And, I still came to the 5:30 a.m. spin class. Boo yah!
Back when I was running a lot and I injured my knee, I tried biking -- as in, the real thing. Didn't so much like the feeling that I might be hit by a car at any moment. And, it also felt like a weak workout compared to running, so much coasting and downhill. The good thing about spinning is that there are no cars. And, there is definitely no downhill or coasting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You go girl! Yeah you!! I love the way I feel when I get up and work out first thing, somehow that's real hard to remember at 6am though.
You're crazy. What in the world are you thinking? 5:00 in the morning? All mammals are still sleeping. Oh yeah. I’m supposed to be supportive. You go girl. You spin your guts out. What? At five in the morning? Are you insane? Okay, I’m going back to encouraging. That is amazing. Actually, it’s more along the lines of miraculous. For me to move out of bed at that time in the morning, I’d need a crowbar and a crane. And now we see why you’re a whole lot healthier and thinner than I am. You’re rising with the roosters and exercising. You go girl. Just one thing, when you’re driving by my house on your way to the gym. DON’T HONK!
Ha! I think I have the same conversation when my alarm goes off. Good for you that you actually make it out of bed! When I am tempted to keep sleeping I'll try to remember I'm not the only one up that early.
Post a Comment