Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I Heart Ogden: Christmas Village

Saturday night, I took the kids downtown for the annual Christmas Parade and lighting of Christmas Village. It was quite fun to see floats lit up with Christmas lights after dark. Even the marching bands had lights on the horns and sousaphones. The weather was unseasonably warm, causing us to shed our hats and gloves it was so pleasant.

The parade must have seemed pretty important to the kids as E-Man turned to me partway through and asked, "Is Barack Obama going to be here?"

After the parade, the crowd (and it was quite a large crowd) headed across the street to the Ogden Amphitheater where the little houses depicting various animated Christmas scenes were already set up and ready to go. We all participated in a countdown and then they flipped the switch, lighting up the whole grounds in a spectacular show topped off with fireworks.

I think I would even brave cold weather to do it again. And, now we have the whole month to enjoy one of my favorite parts of the Christmas Season -- our Christmas Village.

4 comments:

Christina said...

Okay, that is crazy. We did a movie one night and lights another night, too. The difference? You didn't spend 6 billion dollars to get the whole experience because you are in a cute little town that you love so much. But, I think that is one of your talents... loving where you are and finding a great experience at a bargain price. I guess that makes two of your talents, doesn't it?

Anonymous said...

So I've never been to Christmas Village... I'll make it up for sure this year!

Tina said...

You live in such a great town! I really like the story about the movie too. I've heard that theater is great. I think things are alot more fun when you don't have to pay a ton.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for the treat. I think it was the best I've ever had. I love your Christmas card, your children are beautiful. Maegan and I want to know when Sophie grew up. I can't believe what a little lady she is, And those boys just darling. You are a great friend and I'm glad that you are one of mine.