This guy is blissfully slumbering upstairs. My other two are still at school. I'm not watching anyone else's kids. I just finished two restaurant write-ups. It's spooky weird to have the house all quiet with no one making requests and nothing pressing on my mind. I'm just going to kick up my feet and write an uninterrupted entry on my blog, yes I am.In reference to the little guy pictured here, last night he gave us a scare by hiding (his new game since the Halloween day trauma, except the only problem is that he never informs us of the game beforehand). He had Photoguy and I both dashing through the house, searching everywhere and calling out his name repeatedly at 9:30 p.m. After about 15-minutes, Photoguy found him buried in the tub of hats, gloves and scarves by the front door. What possesses this child to torture his parents so? I've learned (after the first incident in which I nearly had a nervous breakdown) to not freak out, because now I realize he does this. But, it is still maddening. I'm worried about my mom because Photoguy and I are leaving out of town next week. If he does this to her (in her giant house with a lot more places to hide no-less), she will probably have a heart attack.
Isn't it strange that in addition to being our most difficult toddler, this beautiful boy also has both of his parents wrapped tightly around his two pinkie fingers? I love that fun-loving blue-eyed boy more than I could ever express in words here on this blog.
Thank you to those of you who commented on my last post about the Ogden Book. Wow, has it ever been a long journey with this thing. When I heard Bill Allred speaking complimentary words on the radio, when that first sponsor wrote out a check, and again last night when we read the clever foreward by Charlie Trentleman (the Wasatch Rambler for those of you familiar with his column), it finally starts to feel like all the sacrifice just might be for something after all. It's been a long-haul having our husband/father devoting so many hours to this venture. It will be one happy day if/when we finally see all of his efforts and our sacrifices come to fruition. He has tentatively set the release party for May 28th and 29th, which is also probably exactly when I will deliver our fourth baby. So . . . that will keep things interesting, eh?
Speaking of this baby, I need some input on names. Soph's name is Sophie Caroline. The middle name is after my mom, Carolyn (and, me, my middle name is Carol). I want this baby to be my mother-in-law's namesake. Her name is Rolayne, and I've always loved the idea of using "Layne" from her name as a middle name. My #1 name is:
Katie Layne
But, the problem is that every time I say it, people say, "Oh, like KD Lang the singer." Ummm . . . no, not like her people. Not that I have anything against PETA/lesbian spokespeople, but, this is suppose to be my mother-in-law's baby namesake. But, I don't know if I should really care so much. It's not like we will call her "Katie Layne." Just Kate, or Katie. Still, here is another option:
Kate Rolayne
Photoguy is not sure he is sold on Kate or Katie. His pick is Megan. I like:
Megan Elayne
But, can't use it because then her initials will spell MEN. If we use Megan I like:
Megan Michelle
But, feel sad to not name the baby after my mother-in-law.
Finally, Soph's pick is:
Kate Sophia
How adorable do I think it is that she wants us to name her sister after her? It does have a very nice ring to it, no? I think it is one of life's greatest ironies that she has gone from not wanting to share anything at the tender age of 1 1/2 when E-Man was born (she could not even share old baby blankets -- nothing -- in fact she tried on several occasions to extinguish him from her world altogether) to wanting to share every last piece of herself including her name.
7 comments:
I can't believe I'm the first to post! How exciting! I REALLY like the name Layne and never would've thought of it. I guess it's time to have another kid - - just kidding. :)
Why not drop the E and name her Megan Layne?
Or if you really like Katie, try Katie Rolayne. I think I do like Katie Layne better and I've never heard of the singer - so there! :)
Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to give my opinion, but I'll go anyway. I like Katie Layne the best of your choices, but there is that potential for her friends hassling her about being a lesbian. Unless k.d. lang starts being not famous at all, instead of just marginally famous. Off topic: I love that song she did for "Home on the Range."
Other than that, I like kooky old person names, so I can't be trusted.
Well, I really think Rolayne is such a beautiful, uncommon name. I had the same issue, I wanted this last one to be after my Bio Dad, Brent. But nothing went w/ it, so we went for James, my dad's middle. How 'bout Ella Rolayne, Maya Rolayne, Maria Rolyane, Kelli Rolayne, Jacquelyn (Jackie) Rolayne (Sounds like a writer to me), ORRR,
Malea Rolayne =)
Of the names you mentioned, I think I prefer Katie Layne the best. Blast that KD Lang! Would it really come up that often? I wonder.
I also liked Melea's suggestions. My favorite there was Ella Rolayne.
I love Layne for the middle name, but not Katie for the first - I definitely agree with you on the KD issue.
I like Emma, Rachel, Maggie, Ashley and Presley. And if you do like Michelle Layne so much, I won't object. I think it...flows. :-)
So ironic, I clicked to make a comment and suggest Emma Layne, thought of it today. Michelle must be a freek-ing genius.
What about Kate Olay? Just kidding. Instead of Layne it could be changed to Laynie/Laynee example Megan Laynee...just trying to help :)
Maelayne
Kalayne
Solayne
Post a Comment