This last weekend, I was nearly tricked into thinking spring had come early because of all the rain. It rained so much that by Sunday I was beginning to think the floods were coming. How strange to see rain in January. Even at night. Then, Sunday afternoon, the snow began. And, we were given a nice fresh blanket of white that left the mountains looking like powdered donuts and all of the trees like a scene from an icy fairytale. I've loved that the beauty of this storm has lasted for two full days undisturbed. But, as I type, the wind is bringing the pretty shrouds of snow down from the branches. And, lest I should be fooled into thinking an early spring was upon us, the thermometer reading of 9-degrees this morning brought me right back to the reality of winter.
But, not for long. Thursday morning, Photoguy and I are headed to the land of perpetual sun. My lover surprised me with a four-day trip to San Diego -- the same place we were honeymooners 10-years ago. Can you believe we've been married TEN years? I don't think there is any way to say that without sounding a little bit old. It's nice that we will be able to commemorate this decade anniversary, unlike last year (see entry on 1/31/08) when we were too busy to celebrate. Yes, we are looking forward to four days of sleeping in and pure relaxation after the last 8-weeks of mayhem that have been our lives (read -- Photoguy working non-stop and me covering all parenting shifts without him). It's a bit hard to take the time off at this crucial point with Photoguy's book, but, I think pure exhaustion and burn-out won this time, so we are off to the ocean and sunlight. My list of things to do is looking pretty good too.
flights, hotel, rental car: booked
sunless tanning cream: purchased
toenails: painted
carpool: shuffled
Soph's ice-skating lesson: re-scheduled
E-Man's show and teach presentation for Friday: ready
reading material for the flight: checked out
arrangements for the kids: made
In other news, here are a few accomplishments of my day:
AiAi went happily to pre-school without protest. Big.
I successfully exchanged a pair of Heely's that I purchased on-line (they were too small) at a shoe store in the mall for a new pair of church shoes for the E-Man, plus an in-store credit (we already found used Heely's at Kid-to-Kid for Soph and E-Man and they've been gliding around like pros for weeks now). Huge relief.
Photoguy signed on two more sponsors for his book. That means we are 25% there as far as phase one for financing the publication. At this rate he needs about nine more sponsors and has a few maybes in the wings. Exciting. Wish us luck! He's only got two more weeks to do it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What a great present! I am so very excited that you get to go somewhere warm and sunny!!!! Sunshine and sleeping in? I can't remember what they are like. Have a great trip.
Have so much fun on your trip. It sounds wonderful!! By the way I love the name Clara
oh, I'm very excited for your trip. When I saw your anniversary up-and-coming, I thought about how long ago I left for my mission, and realized this could be their TEN?! Fun, fun getaway, soak it all in!!
Is the book you checked out a baby-name one? :o) I won't lie, I'm sad to see Kate off the list. I really liked that one. Clara is a great name too, though!
Post a Comment