We just finished up a 2-week session of swim lessons. AiAi cried every time I handed him off to his teacher. Ten-minutes into the lesson, he was the happiest kid in the pool. E-Man started out strong, he really does like swimming. But, he gets cold easily, doesn't like water splashed in his face, and really didn't like "being told what to do" by the teacher. By the second week, I couldn't even get him into the pool. All the swim lessons over the years are starting to pay off with Soph. She can now jump off the diving board and swim to the side. She is officially in level 3 and working on strokes and technique.
These are some pics taken in our friends' pool (our favorite swimming spot) earlier this month:

Soph with our friend Ollie.

E-Man doesn't look like a kid who would adamantly refuse to get in the water here.

It was right at AiAi's naptime, can you tell? I'm not sure if this was taken before or after he jumped into water that was over his head and I had to rescue him while still fully clothed. New rule: Never let the kids near the water unless I'm in my swimsuit.
2 comments:
that is about the cutest picture of AiAi ever! I'm happy for Soph (and you)... A nice reminder that all of the sunscreen and rushing out the door will pay off in the end.
I need some serious summer swimming help. We still haven't figured it out, but sometimes enjoy the fantasy of what it would be like to have our own pool. My kids would swim like fishes for sure. By the way, I did the "jump in the pool in my clothes to grab my 3 year old" last year. What fun.
Post a Comment