Saturday, January 17, 2009

Angels We Have Heard on High

Today, we all slept in. Until 8 anyways. That is sleeping in, right? It's an hour later than I usually have to get up. Ahhhh . . . I am loving sleep right now.

Photoguy dashed off to work, and the kids and I lazily ate our bowls of cereal. E-Man kept listening to the song "Angels We Have Heard on High" by pushing a button on a Christmas ornament his piano teacher gave to him. Suddenly, he jumped up from the table, ran to the piano, and played a pretty flawless one-handed version. I was looking around to see where he had found the music for it and realized he didn't have music.

"E-Man, where did you learn that?" I asked, completely bewildered (remember that I have no musical abilities of my own).

"I was playing it on the table (he's often tapping out tunes with his fingers), and then it sounded right, so I played it on the piano," was his reply.

E-Man, I will never stop being amazed by your wonderful piano abilities.

2 comments:

Janene said...

I will never stop being amazed either! Hope he remembers us all when he is rich and famous. :o)

Christina said...

Genius.