Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Magic Hugs and Kisses





Something I am loving right now: Magic Hugs.

First, I tell a story of when Soph was young. She was probably around two-years-old when she started wanting me to kiss her owies better. It was awesome. She would get hurt, start to cry, I would kiss the hurt and ta-dah!!! All better! I don't know what has ever made me feel so awesome as being able to administer magic kisses. My powers even got to be so strong that, eventually, I could blow a kiss across the room and all wrongs would be made right again. I miss the days of those magic kisses. But, now, I have a new superpower, magic hugs.

Lately, whenever AiAi gets hurt he says (in the cutest baby voice imaginable), "I needa hug." As soon as I give him the hug, he is happy again! Sometimes, I hold my arms out to give the hug and almost as soon as I walk toward him, he is healed. Other times, he needs a really long hug. Other times, he suspiciously keeps hurting himself over and over and over every three seconds requiring multiple consecutive hugs. Whatever kind of hugs he needs, I'm loving being the giver of the magic hugs.

3 comments:

Malea said...

I especially love it when they think they're too old to have regular hugs and kisses on a day to day basis. But when a bad day comes around, the magic hugs and kisses are what they need and want.

Janene said...

I love your kids! when do you and photoguy have a date again? :o)

james said...

So sweet!