Friday, April 24, 2009

Gratitude for Motherhood

Earlier this week, I was taking on my regular babysitting gig along with helping out a friend by taking her two pre-schoolers. During the day, that meant three three-year-olds and one five-year-old. At one point, they were all riding scooters up and down the sidewalk. Why do I think tiny people on scooters are so darn cute?

Izzy and Isaac spent a good portion of the day cracking each other up by making ridiculous noises. And, three-year-old Zoe was melting my heart when she would press her treasured rock into my palm and hold my hand as we walked. I don't know why I love being a mom so much. I just know, that on days like that, I am tremendously grateful that I'm the one staying home with the kids instead of the one headed to the office.

1 comment:

Malea said...

It does have it's benefits from time to time, doesn't it?