I know I moaned and groaned about the aches and pains in my earlier post. But, truly, this is the first pregnancy I have really relished. I've loved feeling her move and thinking about how her little body must be positioned. She is a very wiggly baby. It's been fun to think up names and see the other kids speak to my belly.
Just last night, Brian and I were speculating about when this baby might be born and I stopped and thought about how exciting the anticipation is. Will it be this day? Or, that one? Will I go early? On time? Could I possibly be overdue? How will it happen? Where will I be? Oh, the possibilities!
I think now that I am older and this is our fourth baby, I finally understand that the child-bearing years really are fleeting. That this miracle of heaven meeting earth is something we only get to experience a few times -- if we are among the lucky ones that is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't make me cry! (though it would be partly the hormones' fault...) It IS such a special thing. When I hold little Sean good and close, and he's still small enough, I remember having him inside of me. So fleeting. I wish you all the best for the final stretch!
Post a Comment