Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Will do my Best to Grant Your Wish

I have less than three weeks to go. Isaac was born three weeks early.

This time, I had 20-weeks of shots to combat pre-term labor, so, even though I traditionally deliver early, that changes the whole system in ways I have yet to understand. At this point, I guess anything can happen.

I've been having irregular, yet strong and steady contractions for the past 18-hours. What does that mean? I'm not sure. I've usually been having contractions for two months by now. I've usually been at a 4 for two weeks (or, more) by now. Two weeks ago, things had not even started happening. Everything is completely different this time.

Last night, Brian requested that I don't have the baby before Saturday. It would really be a problem to be in labor all night tonight, or, delivering the baby tomorrow morning -- since, he's slated to be on the channel 2 news with Casey Scott in the morning to promote his book. He is really wacky when he is sleep deprived, and, it would be even worse if he missed it. The spot on the news I mean.

My mom thinks I should wait at least until Monday, so the baby isn't born too early, but, then, she'd really like for me to get a move on it so that the baby isn't too big for my own comfort (this really distresses her since she had large babies by c-section) and so we can move on with planning my brother's wedding which is currently scheduled for five days after my due-date (hmmmm . . .).

Heidi would not like for me to have the baby early next week, as she will be out of town. She will also be out of town at the end of the month. She is asking me to shoot for between the 20-26th . . .

Paula is also on her way out of of town for 10-days to Washington D.C.! So jealous. So, it would be best if I waited until she got back.

The kids have a piano recital on Saturday. Their teacher would like me to please wait until that is over. While I'm making it through Saturday, I may as well make it through my beautiful nephew's blessing on Sunday. And, there is the sewing class next Tuesday to finish an apron I started yesterday. Could I please not miss that?

All of this is making me laugh. Because, guys, she is coming when she is coming, alright?

Just . . . please not during the morning news tomorrow.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Well, if it helps, we are moving next month so you should have her BEFORE the middle of June. hehehe You're so funny - I bet your kids are so excited!! Good luck!

Nanette said...

I don't think this is one of those situations where the "potty dance" is going to work. Babies know when it's time usually and we just get to sit back and let it happen (well, sort of:0)).
I hope she comes when you are feeling good and ready to go! You deserve a wonderful labor!!!
You are in my prayers!!!

Janene said...

If there is one thing I've learned in the past month, well, one month ago today, actually. The babe comes when it darn well pleases. Those who do not decide include the piano teacher, paula, heidi, mothers of beautiful nephews, photoguy, and least of all Casey Scott! :o)

Good luck, whenever it is, you can do it!

Can said...

I can just see Photoguy answering his cell phone in the middle of the news and then having to run off! :)

Well, this all just goes to show how many people appreciate and depend on you each day! BUT - they'll adjust, I'm sure!

MY only request is that we get to meet her while we're up, and I'm sure she'll be here by then!!!! We're so excited for you!!!

Layne said...

Speaking of Photoguy--I saw the article on him in the Ogden Independent when I was at Tona last night. It looks like such a great project.