Sophie brought along a notebook and wrote down what the dancers were doing and wearing play-by-play throughout the show. I loved hearing her read it back to us when it was over. As we walked to the car and she was being all goofy and skippy and singy, my mom said, "I'm so glad she is still a little girl. In eight more years she'll be all grown up!"
Thursday, April 9, 2009
I Heart Ogden: The Treasures of Ballets Russes
Last night, my mom, Sophie and I went to the Ballet at Weber State. I found a screaming deal on the tickets from the Ogden Symphony Ballet Association. I wasn't really sure what to expect, so you can imagine my happy surprise when I showed up and found out it was Ballet West putting on their spring performance, Ballets Russes. The show was phenomenal. I feel so lucky to have this in my own backyard.
Sophie brought along a notebook and wrote down what the dancers were doing and wearing play-by-play throughout the show. I loved hearing her read it back to us when it was over. As we walked to the car and she was being all goofy and skippy and singy, my mom said, "I'm so glad she is still a little girl. In eight more years she'll be all grown up!" Yes, I am so glad she is still a little girl too. And, even more glad that she is a little girl who loves the ballet. And, even more glad that she wrote it all down reporter fashion. That's my girl.
Sophie brought along a notebook and wrote down what the dancers were doing and wearing play-by-play throughout the show. I loved hearing her read it back to us when it was over. As we walked to the car and she was being all goofy and skippy and singy, my mom said, "I'm so glad she is still a little girl. In eight more years she'll be all grown up!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So sweet. I am glad she is the way she is, too.
The last two sentences made me laugh. Awesome girl!
Post a Comment