Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I Love: Tea Parties


Let it be known that among her impressive collection of tiny dishes, Paula also has beautiful tiny plates. But, these white rabbit plates seemed perfect for the Mad Hatter theme. Do you love her tiny salt and pepper shakers? And, the matchstick carrots in the dip?
Izzy drinking her tiny daiquiri with its little umbrella.

Sugar and Spice Cake.

A sampling of the itty-bitty food.

Hooray for girls!

Earlier this month we took my mom to A Spot of Tea for a tea party.

My "mad scientist/magician."

Sophie and Mammas modeling their hats.

Pouring tea with a raspberry lemonade moustache.

Back in January, my mom hosted a Mickey Mouse birthday tea party for all of her grandkids at her house. When the kids first arrived, they got to wrap up gifts for Mickey (gifts that they later took home for themselves). They ate tiny food off of tiny dishes at her little table. The meal was topped off with hot chocolate, whipped cream and sprinkles. The kids had so much fun!





The birthday man himself.



2 comments:

Nanette said...

I hope you don't mind me reading and commenting on your blog but I just miss you! Love the short hair! Love that you are expecting! And I simlpy adore TEA PARTIES! I love A Spot of Tea! When we lived in Utah I would go there to get my African tea-it is so charming!! Wishing you well!

Unknown said...

I don't think I have told you - I love this blog. I love what you have to say and how you say it. You are amazing.

We need to have a little Russia reunion. Are we out of time before this baby?