Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tea Party and Celebrity Sighting

Brian was hired to take pictures at an "event" Friday and he secured two tickets for Sophie and I to attend. We dropped off the boys at their grandparents' house and went to the Megaplex 20 in Draper to see the new Hannah Montana movie. There were one-million people in line for the sold out premiere before we got there, but, Brian, totally looking out for us, had persuaded some people near the front to save us a place. They were so super nice about it that I finally had to ask them what Brian had done. "He took tons of pictures of our little girls," the mom told me. Well, of course. Way to go Bri!

"Why would you drive all the way to Draper?" you ask. Well, only because the premiere was attended by Miley and Billy Rae Cyrus themselves. That's right. Huge tween and country star celebrities right here in Utah.

Sophie was not previously a Hannah Montana fan. But, she was pretty stoked about getting to see someone famous and all the free swag (like a bright pink Hannah Montana t-shirt). Oh, and a picture of Sophie standing up cheering even ran in the Salt Lake Tribune. And, Brian was able to secure a giant movie poster autographed specifically to Sophie. I loved watching her carry the poster (almost as big as she is) while people kept saying, "Your dad is sooooo cool!" We are trying not to let all of the fame completely go to her head.

Saturday, the second day of spring break, began with my friend bringing the kids beautiful Easter cookies from Backer's. Later in the day, when the kids ate the cookies, Brian and I took 1,000 photos of Isaac eating his giant, fancy Easter egg cookie because it was so darn cute! After making the special delivery, my friend took her kids and mine to the high school track where she somehow got them to run/walk 3 miles! Last fall, I started taking the kids to the track to "run a marathon" one mile at a time. We made it up to about 8-miles, then my first trimester got the better of me, then, winter hit, so we are finishing up our marathon this spring. It was so great for the kids to get a jump start by doing 3-miles in one day. I was amazed by their perseverance!

Brian picked up Isaac, and I picked up Sophie and Ian and changed them into some fancy clothes so we could meet my mom at a new place in Ogden called, "A Spot of Tea." It is a tiny Victorian themed restaurant between 24th and 25th Streets on Grant Avenue. As soon as I saw it, I knew my mom would love it. So, we all met down there for a tea party. First, we selected fancy hats from an old trunk. Ian wore a top hat (I am so in love with him still being young enough to enjoy a tea party) which he said made him look like a magician, and, a scientist when he took it off -- he made me spike up his hair like the inventor on Meet the Robinson's.

We ate tiny sandwiches, and tea scones, and cookies, and cakes. My mom and I drank herbal tea from little pots, and the kids had their own pot of raspberry lemonade. We made some good memories and the owner told us of plans to build an English garden out back. So, maybe we'll have to go again and do it outdoors this summer.

Back at home, we thoroughly and completely reveled in the fact that Brian had the day off. A Saturday. After nearly two straight years of working the weekends he just changed to a schedule of weeknights only. Hooray for having a dating life/life with daddy again! To celebrate, I made homemade pizza (again, thank you KitchenAid). And, we re-arranged furniture. Brian moved our desk and computer to the corner of our downstairs playroom, which will now be a playroom/office. I like it a lot. Hopefully the kids won't throw toys at our computer and/or climb all over the desk and it will be awesome.

The former office will become the boys' bedroom and the boys' bedroom will become the nursery. It feels so good to have finally begun the rearrangement. We still have quite a bit to do, but, it's nice to make that first dent. After all, it wouldn't be completely unheard of to have this baby in 3-4 weeks! Not that I'm planning to have her a whole 3-4 weeks early, but, it never hurts to be prepared, right?

Wishing you a lovely spring, a happy spring break, and a joyful Easter!

4 comments:

Christina said...

That tea place sounds so cute.

For no certain reason that we know of, Eva was 3 weeks early. I am glad you got your stuff ready. During labor, of all things, I was thinking about my ugly chipped toe nail polish and her nursery that was still a storage room.

Jeni said...

What a fantastic surprise for Sophie. Way to go Brian! I bet she was completely shoked when Miley and her Dad just showed up. Hadlee will be so envious when I tell her.

Janene said...

i love that marathon idea for the kids. actually, that is probably the only way I'LL be doing a marathon for a long while! :o)

Tiffany said...

What a lovely and charming spring break. I would love to just tag along with you for a few weeks. Everything you do seems to be interesting, creative, meaningful, or something else I'd like to incorporate into my life more. Will I get to see you before we pop these babies out, or will it be a postpartum summer rendezvous?