Monday, April 27, 2009

Things I'm Lovin'

*Note: Tea party photos are forthcoming.

I need to get something off my chest. This pregnancy has been my best/easiest of the four. I finally feel like I can say that without casting a curse on the remainder of the days (five weeks!). It's had its moments, but, it feels wrong to complain under the circumstances. With that said, I also feel the strong urge to allow myself just a few sentences about the discomfort, followed by a series of posts on the many, many things I'm lovin' right now.

Since the baby dropped even further (one week ago), I feel like there is a six pound bowling ball wedged in my pelvis. I've also had many labor pains. Some days it feels like everything, even my hair, h-u-r-t-s. Sleeping has become rather difficult too. Besides my gigantic belly and 3rd trimester aches and pains, I'm having extreme sharp pains by my upper rib cage from muscle separation that makes it so I can only sleep on my right side. Oh, and my ankles have elephantitis. Ugh.

I just needed a little pity party folks. I'm at that point where many times on most days I wonder if I can really make it? Alas, I know that I can. And, I know that a wonderful gift awaits me in the end.

Whew! With that said, I now intend to post a series on things I am lovin' every day (or, every few days, whenever I have the time). There are so many things swirling around in my head that I feel grateful for. I could write a seriously long post. But, I'll break it up instead. Today includes the following:

1) 20-weeks of shots. I've had problems with pre-term labor with all of my previous pregnancies. I do not find bed-rest enjoyable by any stretch of the imagination and I am SO grateful to have avoided it thanks to receiving progesterone shots every week since early in my pregnancy. At one point, I wondered if it was a little bit over-kill -- asking myself, "Is all of this really necessary?" Then, I missed a shot at 27-weeks and had three days of strong contractions before my body got back on track. I am so thankful to have avoided the stress and anxiety of worrying about an early birth and also happy to have avoided the constant labor pains (up until now). And, the last shot is tomorrow -- Yipee!

2) Hubby. I know that some women don't want to be made a big deal of when they are pregnant, but I think it is the absolute BEST that Brian has been totally taking care of me the past few weeks. Just when I'm entering the really difficult part, he suddenly chimes in with washing up piles and piles of dishes, taking out the trash, playing with the kids while I rest, back rubs and foot rubs, and all manner of spoiling (the list goes on and on . . .). The BEST!

3) My mom. Several weeks ago, mopping became more than my back could handle. Sweeping (which has to be done several times per day) is the maximum. I overheard that some college gals were trying to earn money by cleaning houses. I merely mentioned that I thought I would give them a call to mop my floors, and, my mom has been showing up every single week to mop and vacuum. She is seriously a saint (all who know her agree). I love my mom for so many reasons. I'm so spoiled.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I echo all the sentiments of this post. I have appreciated this pregnancy more than my others, but that doesn't mean we have to love all the uncomfortable side effects. You are so close--hang in there! (I can only say that without sounding smug because I'm going through the same stuff.) =) I'm thinking of you and can't wait to meet your new little one.

Christina said...

I just love your perspective.

I said thanks on my comments but imagine you don't check back to make sure I thank you :)...

Thanks for the photo help. You two are so great. Brian has had the most helpful info.