Heidi purchased tickets for all the girls to go to the Alice In Wonderland Ballet, so, Paula and I decided to host a pre-show Mad Hatter Tea Party. And, as it turns out, Paula has a very impressive collection of little, tiny dishes. Who knew? I guess that is what happens when you have three daughters and an addiction to pretty dishes. Apparently she hosts tea parties for the grandmas' birthdays every year, so, I got to plan a tea party with the Queen of said parties.
The table setting was gorgeous a la Paula. On our little, tiny dishes we had (miniature everything) pizzas, veggies in dip, tacos, sloppy Joes, chicken sandwiches, muffins, cookies, egg rolls, little smokies, brochette and strawberry daiquiris in little glasses with tiny umbrellas, and miniature dishes with dipping sauces, and even an itty-bitty salt and pepper shaker at each place. Our girls were completely in heaven! The centerpiece was a brightly colored, topsy-turvy cake from the Sugar and Spice Cakery. There were little, tiny candles and itty-bitty potted flowers and colorful silly-putty at all of the place settings too. So much fun!
The ballet was a beautiful production by Ogden's own Imagination Ballet (ages 18 and under). Those kids practice five days every week and it shows. The costumes were gorgeous and the dancing -- delightful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Amy, How are you feeling? Never heard on the sex of the baby? I need an update!!!
I want to see a picture. Sounds so cute!
I would love to see a photo of that cake! I have a secret desire to learn how to do those cakes. Someday.
canNOT wait to see the promised pictures. I guess I've gotta enjoy the girly girliness vicariously! :o)
Post a Comment