Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I Love: Brian

I love Brian for so many reasons, but, today, I am especially grateful for the way he has been taking superb care of me in my final days and weeks of pregnancy.

On Saturday, I attended a wedding shower in Logan with my mom while Brian stayed home with all of the kids all day. Not only did he get them to clean up their rooms - he also mopped all of the floors. Apparently, being the BEST floor mopper ever is a special skill he acquired as a teenager working at Wendy's.

As if that weren't enough, Monday morning, as soon as the kids were gone to school, he washed all the dishes and then he scrubbed out the sink so shiny I think I can see myself in it. When we remodeled our kitchen and our bathroom, we kept the old sinks and bathtub because they "looked cool." Unfortunately, being 93-years-old and "looking cool" also equals "extremely hard to clean." I can never get that kitchen sink as clean as I would like and it's times like these, when Brian puts his manly muscles to work for 20-minutes of intense and focused scrubbing, that my sink looks fabulous and I am so grateful!

And, then, he took out the trash.

Yes, I'm sorry if you are feeling full of envy and needing to repent after reading this post. If so, perhaps you should stop now, because it goes on.

I was given a lovely gift certificate to a spa for a pre-natal massage and a deluxe pedicure. Since, I already had an appointment to have my hair done this Friday (I don't want to look gross in the birth pictures, right?), I decided to make a whole day of it -- hair in the morning, spa in the afternoon. And, Brian is keeping Isaac all day long while I bask in the lap of luxury!!! I can hardly wait. I think about it all day every day. Yes, I'm feeling truly spoiled by that hunka hunka husband of mine.

Okay, so he isn't really doing the laundry here. He's making Isaac giggle, which, in my book, is even better.

6 comments:

Nanette said...

Way to go Brian!!!

Nick@Nite said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nick@Nite said...

Whatever, isn't that what all husbands are supposed to do?

By the way, that post looks kind of funny. Right under the words,"And then he took out the trash," it has the photo of Ai Ai in the laundry basket.

I go ahead and change that.

BN

Janene said...

You are a lucky little lady. Yesiree! Massage..... ahhhhh, perhaps time to spend some of my birthday money on some pampered goodness. :o)

Malea said...

Too late, B! DCFS has been notified! :) ...way to go you guys, it makes this fourth addition a happier occasion when you can work as a team.
--hey Amy, if you want to get a suit, click around to the body type examples--go a (cup) size bigger, and feel good this summer, if you feel like it. The websites are still on my blog. My party closes on the 10th. My number is 2077. Let us know when your due date is. Are you dilating?

Christina said...

So awesome.