This morning they kept running outside and getting in the van to play. When I'd come out, they would lock the doors and lay on the floor to "hide." Not only could I still see them, but I had keys, so they weren't as stealth as they would have liked to be.
I was finally able to distract them from that game when a friendly stray cat wandered into our yard. I loved seeing their excitement for the next 30-minutes as they watched that feline prowl about. Excitement and curiosity mixed with a tiny bit of fear when kitty came too close.
While I was fixing lunch, they each grabbed two spoons and banged them together. When that got old, they grabbed chopsticks and played them on the table like "drum sticks." When things got a little bit too quiet, I peeked in to see them using the chopsticks to poke holes in the pears in the fruit bowl in the center of the table. They both turned their guilty eyes to me and Izzy quietly and slowly said, "Aya do'ed it."
Izzy went to preschool this afternoon and Isaac took a bath (preschool just isn't his cuppa tea). I peeled myself away from reading blogs and took the time to blow bubbles at Isaac in the tub. I loved his delighted squeals as they stuck to his wet body, floated on the water and popped in his hands. It seems like I did more of that kind of thing when Sophie and Ian were little. Maybe I did, or, maybe those are just the moments that stick in my memory now.
When Izzy came home, we had to do the bubbles again (sans bathtub) and again I was filled with joy watching these two characters chase and pop those iridescent wonders. We had such a fun day reading stories and catching lady bugs. I feel so blessed to get to spend most of my days with these two.
4 comments:
Everyone needs a partner in crime. How fun!
Amy you are wonderful. I found a tape last week at my mothers that had Lance Yeaman (Mare's husband) interviewing you back before Brian. It was fun to listen to. Made me miss you! Good luck with these last few weeks.
I Love: These "I Love:" blog posts! : )
I love these love posts! Well, you should find a Modbe chick in your area to have you try these on after you have the baby. I really like how they look and feel. I actually bought a pretty high end suit after I had numero four. I had to...even 'tho I still looked like crap, my kids required me to still have a life during the summer. Anyway, almost two years later, my body and I have come to a mutual agreement that we are going to stay at this current smaller size, hence the Modbe find. So I say go with what the dude says and get one that you can fit into after the baby is born, then go with another later. The whole fam. will thank you.
Post a Comment